EVs, Uber and Lyft, Bird, Autonomous Vehicles - our options for getting around are quickly changing and expanding. Living Cully is interested in understanding how these new technologies can help Cully residents meet community needs. For this reason, Living Cully developed the “Living Cully Community Mobility Needs Assessment.”
The assessment focuses on “Clean Mobility.” Clean Mobility refers to forms of transportation technology or programs that reduce fossil fuel consumption and emissions. Examples of Clean Mobility are:
· electric vehicles, e-bikes and e-scooters
· car-ride programs such as Taxis, Lyft and Uber
· car-share programs such as SmartCar, Car2Go and traditional car rental services
· adequate transit programs
· carpool programs
· walking, biking and rolling
By investing in greater clean mobility options for Cully residents, we can take local action on climate change and make it easier for people to get around the city better.
During the spring and summer of 2018, Living Cully talked to over 120 Cully residents via surveys and focus groups about their transportation experiences and needs. The Assessment identifies four clean mobility recommendations to move forward in the Cully neighborhood.
· Launch a Cully Neighborhood Shuttle Pilot
· Provide More EV and E-bike Education
· Research Alternatives to Financial and Technological Requirements for Clean Mobility Participation
· Explore Utilizing Rideshare Credits for Senior Residents
Living Cully’s next step is to identify funding to move forward the communities’ recommendations. You can read the full Living Cully Community Mobility Assessment here.