The Living Cully Coordinator coordinates the activities of Living Cully, a collaboration of Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East, Hacienda Community Development Corporation, the Native American Youth and Family Center and Verde. Living Cully’s work is designed to build wealth in low-income communities and prevent displacement of low-income people and people of color. The Coordinator is responsible for ensuring strong communication among the organizations, forward progress on Signature Projects and Programs, advancing internal goals such as collaborative data sharing and a collaborative budget with fundraising goals.
Verde serves communities by building environmental wealth through social enterprise outreach and advocacy.
- Through Social Enterprise, Verde establishes environmental businesses to employ and train low-income adults, create contracting opportunities for minority-owned and women-owned businesses, and bring environmental assets to low-income neighborhoods.
- Through Outreach-Advocacy, Verde engages residents, peer organizations and policymakers to strengthen the connection between protecting the environment and building community, advocating and organizing with low-income people and people of color to drive environmental assets into their neighborhoods in response to existing needs.
Outreach-Advocacy activities include Living Cully, a community-based and collaborative initiative by Verde, Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East, Hacienda Community Development Corporation and the Native American Youth & Family Center (aka, “the Living Cully Partners”) to reinterpret sustainability as an anti-poverty strategy – a means to address multiple disparities in health, income, housing, education and natural resources by concentrating environmental investments at the Cully Neighborhood scale and braiding those investments with traditional community development resources.
- Coordinate and Facilitate Living Cully collaborative, including partner meetings, leadership meetings, staff meetings, regular strategic planning.
- Coordinate continued development of Living Cully collaborative budget.
- Continue development and ultimately manage Living Cully Performance Indicators, a set of metrics to evaluate Living Cully’s success.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive as a member of a multi-cultural, multi-racial, multi-lingual team with diverse abilities, experiences, and educational backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Possess self-starter attributes and goal driven attitude.
Reports to: Community Programs Manager
Employment Status: Full-Time
Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000+benefits
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume to Anna Gordon, Verde Community Programs Manager, email@example.com. Position is open until filled.