$20,000 ($19.23/hr) + benefits
Verde Landscape provides landscape contracting services with a focus on storm water management installation and maintenance, restoration of wetlands, streams and natural areas and sustainable landscape installation services. Verde offers these services to general contractors, sub-contractors, governments, environmental and conservation groups, and in some cases directly to property owners in order to generate work opportunities for crew members in the green economy. The ideal candidate will perform in a fast paced environment that consistently pursues new mission driven opportunities as well as thrive in a dynamic, multi-cultural, multi-lingual environment and be motivated by Verde’s mission.
Provide administrative support to Verde’s Landscape Program Manager; develop and implement training opportunities for Verde Landscape Crew Members. The position is half-time to start and is projected to grow to full time after six months.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
50% Administrative Support: The Verde Landscape Program Assistant is an integral part of the VL Program and is provided with tasks that are challenging and valuable. Under guidance of the VL Program Manager the Program Assistant is assigned to VL projects. Duties:
- Create invoices
- Code and log receipts
- Purchase of project materials and supplies
- Coordinate safety meetings
- Maintain equipment and materials inventory
- Assist with crew scheduling and record keeping
- Organize program data
- Other duties assigned by Program Manager
50% Training Liaison: The Verde Training Liaison will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and identify transition opportunities for Verde Landscape Crew Members.
- Work with Verde Landscape Program Manager to develop Individual Learning Plans for Landscape Crew Members.
- Develop and implement training opportunities for Landscape Crew Members per their Learning Plans.
- Document training hours provided, and make this information available to other Verde staff as needed.
- Work with Verde staff and other partners to develop training, recruitment and hiring pathways for crew.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting
- Ability to take and give verbal and written instruction
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, web browsers, mobile technology, Publisher, Acrobat.
- Well organized, self-directed, excellent attention to detail
- Basic management skills: time management, scheduling and communication (written and verbal).
- Spanish speaker preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Submit cover letter and resume to Ricardo Moreno, Verde Landscape Program Manager, email@example.com. Position is open until filled.